PELHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — A 15-year-old girl has drowned at Oak Mountain State Park Monday evening, according to the Pelham Fire Department.
PFD received a call of a person drowning at the park around 6 p.m. The girl was later found around 7:30 p.m.
Shelby County Coroner Lina Evans confirmed the victim was a 15-year-old girl.
No other information has been released at this time. Stay with CBS 42 as this is an ongoing story.
- 15-year-old girl drowns at Oak Mountain State Park
- Golden ticket search: Jelly Belly founder hosts treasure hunt, winner gets candy factory
- Can a snake crawl into your mouth while you’re asleep? Here’s what experts say
- Woman seriously injured in Hwy 431 wreck
- Naked with spit hoods: Rochester protesters demonstrate in solidarity with Daniel Prude
Read MoreWHNT.comAlabama News, News