According to the City of Kannapolis, Sgt. Dot Cole is the oldest living Marine.
She joined the Marine Corps during World War II in 1943.
Sgt. Cole completed her training at Camp Lejeune and was then stationed at Quantico. City officials say she primarily served in an administrative role.
Last month, another North Carolina woman celebrated a monumental birthday. Hester Ford turned 116, making her the oldest living person in the United States.
GET THE LATEST HEADLINES FROM FOX8.COM:
- Oldest living Marine celebrates 107th birthday
- 59-year-old basic training grad set to join son’s Army unit
- GOP senator to introduce bill reimbursing parents $800 for remote learning expenses
- Huntsville Army Veteran passes away, leaves legacy of service to the community
- Madison City Schools returning to all-school food distribution for virtual students