UPDATE: Noxubee County Coroner R.L. Calhoun confirms to WKRG News 5 the man killed has been tentatively identified as 36-year-old, Darrel Holt, from Missouri. The coroner could not confirm which electric utility he worked for.
Mobile Ala. (WKRG) — A utility worker heading home after helping to restore power on the Gulf Coast was killed Wednesday in a crash in Mississippi.
The crash happened on Highway 45 in Macon, MS. The utility worker was driving in a convoy of power trucks when he struck an 18-wheeler, according to Assistant Police Chief Douglas Triplett.
The utility worker killed has not yet been identified.
This is a developing story.
- Newsfeed Now: Protests across America: Battle over SCOTUS vacancy heats up
- Utility worker identified, killed in crash while helping restore power in Sally aftermath
- Dismay over Breonna Taylor spills into America’s streets
- Ohio family discovers family WWII heirloom tucked away in a box
- Visitor finds 9-carat diamond at Crater of Diamonds State Park in Arkansas