TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (WIAT) — The University of Alabama has decided to cancel spring break next semester to avoid potential spreading of the coronavirus.
The university made the announcement Wednesday saying the semester will start a week later than originally scheduled to make-up for the lost week in the spring.
Here is the new schedule for UA for Spring 2021:
- Jan. 13 – Classes start
- Jan. 18 – MLK Jr. Day (campus closed)
- Jan. 20 – Last day to drop classes
- March 15 – Wellness/study day (classes canceled)
- April 26-30 – Final exams
- April 30-May 1 – Commencement
- UA cancels spring break to ‘mitigate’ potential COVID-19 spread, winter break extended
- Hospital officials say flu cases starting to show up, could confuse COVID issue
- Gray parrots separated at zoo after swearing a blue streak
- Inclusive emojis: Transgender flag, male bride among new icons expected in the next iPhone operating system
- Trump to far-right extremists: ‘Stand back and stand by’
Read MoreWHNT.comAlabama News, News