JACKSONVILLE, Ala. (WIAT) — Jacksonville State University Head Coach John Grass says he has tested positive for the coronavirus. The Gamecocks are set to take on the University of North Alabama Lions in Florence on Saturday.
Grass made the announcement in a statement released by the university.
The head coach says he will remain involved in the team remotely as the team gets set to take on North Alabama on Saturday. Assistant Coach Jimmy Ogle is overseeing the team during Grass’ absence.
This comes a day after Alabama Head Coach Nick Saban and Athletic Director Greg Byrne tested positive for the virus.
Grass ended his statement by saying the team is in “good hands” until he is cleared to return.
- JSU football head coach tests positive for COVID-19
- Jack’s Game of the Week: East Limestone vs Russellville
- Here’s how absentee ballots are counted — process is painstakingly detailed
- Alabama pro-life supporters hope Amy Coney Barrett nomination could lead to Roe v. Wade being overturned
- Financial relief on the way for Decatur small businesses impacted by COVID-19
Read MoreWHNT.comAlabama News, News, Sports